Group – A
- What is coenocytic mycelium? What is chitin? Describe the divisions of fungi according to the mode
of nutrition. Give one example of each division and subdivision.
- How are basidia and basidiospores develop in Basidiomycetous fungi? Describe, with figure, the structure of basidium. What is basidiocarp?
- What is the disease cycle? What are monocyclic and polycyclic pathogens? Give one example of each. Discuss about any four hypoplastic disease symptoms.
- Write down the name of the pathogen, symptoms, disease cycle, and control measures of the disease ‘Stem rot of Jute’.
Group – B
- Write down the benificial and harmful roles of Ascomycetous fungi.
- Describe the process of asexual and sexual reproduction in Phycomycetes.
- What is basidiocarp? Write about the different types of basidiocarp.
- Write down the symptoms and control measures of Brown Spot of Rice.
- What is a necrotic symptom? Describe any four necrotic symptoms.
- Write down how cellulase, hemicellulase, and pectinase enzymes help the pathogens in penetrating host plants.
Group – C
- What is the Buller phenomenon? Why is it so named?
- Write down the role of insects in the spread of plant diseases.
- Distinguish between mycelium and hypha. What is sterigma?
- What are diplanetism and polyplanetism? Give one example of each.
- Define parasexuality with example.
- Define the following :