Group – A
- Compare Bacillariophyta with Cyanophyta with respect to general characteristics of their cell structure. Describe the life cycle of Ectocarpus with labelled sketches only.
- Give a word diagram of the life cycle of Polysiphonia. Describe the mechanism of formation of its Carposporophyte.
- Distinguish between lytic and lysogenic cycles ? Describe briefly the different steps of the multiplication process of T4 bacteriophage by lytic cycle.
- Describe the structure of bacterial endospore. Mention its significance. What is binary fission?
Group – B
- Describe the structure of a cell wall of a Pinnate diatom.
- Describe the method of sexual reproduction in Vaucheria.
- Describe the vegetative structure of Oedogonium thallus.
- Describe the nucleoid of the bacterial cell in brief.
- Describe the structure of flagella of a bacterium. Distinguish between flagella and pili.
- Mention the difference between Archae and bacteria.
Group – C
- Draw the growth curve of a typical bacterium and describe the characteristics of its main phases.
- What is virus? What is meant by virioid ?
- Draw the nitrogen cycle and mention the role of bacteria in the cycle.
- What is diatomite? State its economic importance ?
- Mention the use of algae as food.
- Describe the structure and function of heterocyst.
- What is Hfr?
- State the types of life cycles encountered in algae.