Group – A
- Give an account of the variations in vegetative structure in algae with suitable diagrams and examples.
- Describe the processes of reproduction of Vaucheria. State the systemic position of this alga with supporting reasons.
- What is a bacterial endospore? Describe its structure with a diagram. Discuss the stages of the formation of the endospore. Name one endospore-forming bacteria. Why the endospore is resistant to heat?
- What is transduction? Describe different types of transduction with labelled sketches.
Group – B
- Give an account of the structure and function of bacterial flagella.
- Draw a typical Growth Curve of bacteria marking its different phases. Discuss the effect of
temperature on bacterial growth.
- Describe the structure of ‘TMV’ with labelled sketch.
- What is an oncogenic virus? What are its influences on an infected animal?
- Explain schematically the life cycle of Ectocarpus.
- Briefly discuss the structure and role of heterocyst in blue-green algae.
Group – C
- How do the algae causing ‘water bloom’ pollute the aquatic environment?
- Briefly describe the life cycle of algae having triphasic alternation of generation.
- What are the special structural features of the cell wall in Bacillariophyceae?
- What additional features are observed in a bacterial cell having ‘F’-plasmid?
- Discuss the main features of the bacterial capsule.
- What is a viroid? Explain their importance in brief.