Group – A
- With labelled sketches describe secondary growth in the Dracaena stem. Why secondary growth in Dracaena is considered as anomalous?
- How different leaf gap types are formed? Explain with suitable sketches. What is branch trace?
Mention the functions of leaf gap and branch trace.
- Give botanical name of the plant, the family to which it belongs, the parts used, and the uses of Turmeric, Yam, Neem, and Mentha.
- In brief, describe the processing of black tea. How does the processing of black tea differ from the processing of green tea?
Group – B
- Describe meristem types according to functions. Give an example of each type.
- In brief, describe anomalous secondary growth in Tecoma stem. Give necessary labelled sketches.
- Mention characteristics of different types of protostele with diagram and example.
- Name two species each of Ipecac and Cinchona. Name one active ingredient obtained from each of them mentioning respective uses.
- Give a concise account of the cultivation of coffee in India.
- Give scientific name, family and uses of teak wood. How is seasoning of wood done ?
Group – C
- Define lenticel. Give labelled sketch ( T.S. view ). Mention its functions.
- Differentiate parenchyma from sclerenchyma tissue.
- What is a bordered pit? Give labelled sketch. Mention its function.
- What is plastochron? Mention its function.
- How is the annual ring formed? How does early wood differ from late wood ?
- What are secondary metabolites? Name two such economically important metabolites and mention respective uses.
- Mention the morphological nature of ‘Jute fibre’ and ‘Silk of Maize’. What is the chief chemical constituent of jute fibre?
- Name the family and four active ingredients obtained from Rauwolfia.